School timings: SMES operates as a morning school with class LKG to class IX attending school from 08:45 A.M IST to 3.30 P.M.
The knowledge imparted is quite balanced with a weightage of 60% on academics and 40% on co-curricular, life skills and other scholastic activities.
The academics include a fun learning intense program with facilitated with tech savvy gadgets like projectors and audio visuals, practical concept learning aided by experienced faculty.
The co-scholastic activities include imparting understanding of life skills, humane efficacy and culture, health & hygiene, community and social values, use of technology and digitization.
Co-curricular activities include edifying Indian and Western dance, Music, Singing and other forms of art such as 3D crafts and drawing.
Physical Education guidance is also provided for indoor as well as outdoor games with required courts and sets of equipment.
Weekly competitions are organized to boost the child’s competitive levels such as debates and elocutions, group discussions and extempore, power point presentations (for class 6 and above).
To broaden the vision of every student’s various excursions are arranged with visit to places where the child can grow culturally rich.
All through the academic year various seminars are also organized to develop and elevate the student’s expertise in fields such as personality development, food and nutrition, interview skills, healthy living and adolescence.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Discipline should be maintained at all times within and outside the school campus.
2. Students are expected to be on time to school, to attend the morning assembly.
3. Parents are not permitted to meet the students or teachers during the working hours, without the permission of the Principal. You should contact the Principal regarding any complaint, and not the teachers directly.
4. All students are required to speak only in English within the school premises. Use of foul language, obscene gestures, racial and disrespectful language or actions will not be encouraged. Fighting, hitting or assaulting anyone will have serious consequences.
5. Parents are requested not to indulge in any kind of group meetings and create inconvenience of any kind in and around the school premises. Non-observance of this rule will be regarded as a serious breach of discipline and your child’s name will be removed from the rolls.
6. Students should take pride in maintaining the school property. Any damage is liable to be penalised.
7. No expensive or fancy articles should be brought to school. Articles like Mobile Phones, I-pods etc are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated. The school is not responsible for any personal property lost.
8. Parents should facilitate the completion of homework assignment given to their wards. They should not do assignments for students.
9. Though every care is taken to ensure the safety and welfare of the students, if any accidents occur, school is not responsible for the consequences.
10. The prescribed school uniform should be worn on all days. If a child doesn’t come in uniform, he/she will be sent back home, unless there is written communication from the parent.
11. Students will not be allowed to go home during school hours. Parents are advised not to make any social engagements or medical appointments during working hours. To ensure better discipline, parents are recommended not to send their ward to school on the day they have such appointments.
12. If your child is not making the desired progress, the Principal should be contacted early in the academic year to seek advice for his / her improvement. (Criticizing any of the teachers or the school in the presence of the child should be avoided.)
13. You are requested to promptly inform the Administrative Office of any change of address or phone numbers.
14. Please take care of the personal hygiene of your child.
15. If your child is suffering from any contagious disease, he / she will not be permitted to attend the class, until a medical certificate is produced.
16. Please ensure that your child, takes pride in his / her appearance, wears the ID card every day. Uses the school diary properly to note down homework, class work and all instructions given by the teachers, neatly and legibly. Check your child’s diary regularly for important messages, circulars or any other information and sign in the assigned page. Use only blue or black ball pen.
17. Regular and punctual attendance is an important factor. Attendance of less than 85% may result in detention.
18. A student who has been absent on the previous day will be admitted to the Grade only with a letter from the parent, addressed to the Homeroom Teacher, stating the reason for the absence.
19. All students returning to school after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease should produce a doctor’s certificate to be endorsed by the school.
20. Repeated or unexplained absence for a month renders the student liable to have his name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of fresh infrastructure fee.
21. The school reserves the right to suspend students whose conduct is deemed harmful to other students,even after three written warnings.
22. Students should take pride in maintaining the school property. Any damage is liable to be penalised.
23. Distribution of only one sweet/toffee per student is allowed on a birthday. Distribution of return gifts is forbidden. A child can come in coloured dress on her/his birthday.
24. Students who come to school with their attendants should not leave before the attendant arrives. In case of delay, they should report to the school office.